Punta Carena Lighthouse is located on the island of Capri on the head of the same name, about 3 kilometres southwest of Anacapri. The lighthouse has been active since 1867; its construction began in 1862.
It consists of an octagonal brick tower with lantern and gallery, above a two-story building. The lighthouse was repainted recently and is now white with red vertical stripes, and the caretaker's house is red.
The lighthouse has a rotating view that emits flashes of white light every 3 seconds. The focal plane is located 73 meters above sea level. The lighthouse has a range of 25 nautical miles (about 46 km), and is therefore defined as an offshore lighthouse. It is a octagonal masonry tower on a two-story house.